East Haddon Grange Country Cottages are on the main A428 (Rugby / Northampton) road, 1.5 miles from the village of East Haddon. There is no public transport directly to the cottages but buses run to the village of East Haddon, there is a bus stop at the Althorp railway bridge (1/2 mile walk). There is also a train station at Long Buckby (approx: 4 miles away). There are 2 taxi companies based in Long Buckby whose numbers are listed below. The ideal mode of transport is to have your own car or bike.
The entrances to all cottages are on ground level and there is car parking facilities directly outside.
• A description of the property and location is given to visitors at the time of enquiry and any special needs discussed.
• On arrival - please park on the car parking spaces outside the front of the cottages. There is a small gravel garden area between the cottages and the car parking area. The car can be driven right to the door for Wren Cottage.
• The cottage entrance is at ground level, the living areas are all on the ground floor with no steps or stairs to enter. Wren Cottage has wide doorways 900mm external and internal to allow for easy wheelchair access. Owl, Swallow and Partridge Cottage have standard doorways 760mm internal and 838mm external.
• The laundry room is separate at the end of the cottages, there is a gravel garden area between the cottages and the laundry, with a cobbled walkway and a step up into the laundry room which is all on one level.
• We encourage visitors to walk around the farm, there are some slopes in the fields but you can choose your route according to how strenuous you choose it to be. Good walking shoes or wellingtons are recommended to ensure good grip and protection from mud / wet grass etc. The fields can be entered either through gates at ground level or up steps to a small gate.
• The bedrooms in Owl, Swallow and Partridge are up a flight of stairs (approximately 15 steps, 180mm rise, 225mm going). There are no further steps when upstairs. Wren bedroom is on the ground floor with no steps and wide door ways to allow for wheelchair access.
• The bathroom in Owl, Swallow and Partridge are up a flight of stairs (approximately 15 steps, 180mm rise, 225mm going). Wren bathroom is on the ground floor with no steps and wide door ways to allow for wheelchair access. It is a large wetroom designed for wheelchair users, space for easy manoeuvring and access to facilities
• Kitchens for all the cottages are on the ground floor with no steps
• Address: East Haddon Grange Country Cottages
• Telephone: 07979 661122
• Fax: 01327 437164
• Email: through contact form
• Website: www.easthaddongrange.co.uk
• Hours of operation: All year round
• Emergency number: 07979 661122 / 07850 485920
• Local accessible taxi numbers:
James First Ltd Tel: 0800 0386665
The Long Buckby Shuttle Tel: 01327 842961
Bounds Taxis Tel: 01604 626262 Tel: 01604 636666
• Annie Hull - Tel: 01327 437164 Mob: 07979 661122
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone or email
Created on: 27/10/2008